Eagle’s Landing is a four bedroom and two bathroom newly renovated Lakehouse. The home has 210’ of lake frontage on Thompson’s Lake in the Helderberg Mountains in upstate New York. We offer a one of a kind glamorous camping experience twelve months a year. Come be our guest.✨
Please visit our website and see photos of the exterior and interior of the home throughout the four seasons. We also are honored to be the recipient of gorgeous evening sunsets. Our kayaks, canoes, rowboats, paddle boards and paddleboats are at your service. Come stay with us.
The breathtaking view from Eagle’s Landing Lakehouse
✨We offer a variety of kayaks, canoes, paddle boats, paddle boards and rowboats. Life preservers (human and canine) are available in a variety of sizes. We also offer a multitude of kayak paddles and oars for the watercraft.✨
✨Sunsets and beautiful views of the lake from your private porch and balcony✨
The magnificent Thompson’s Lake Bald Eagle is a frequent guest in one of our tall White Pine trees on the lakeside of the property
Offerings of Eagle’s Landing home:
- The home is a 12 month (weekly) rental home with four bedrooms (queen, full, full and twin) There is also a very comfortable Ethan Allen brand (pull out style) couch/full size bed in the family room/den area of the home.
- There are two brand new bathrooms in the home. Both have showers and one has a bathtub.
- The home has a brand new Rudd propane furnace
- There is an “on demand” propane water heater that insures that you will always have hot water available for laundry and bathing
- We offer a brand new, heavy duty clothes washer and dryer
- WiFi and Smart TVs are available for guests
- There is a well on the property which is treated with a state of the art water filtration system as well as a UV light.
- The floors are made of hickory wood (main level) as well as a porcelain tile floor in the den/living room area. The top floor has southern yellow pine floors.
- There is a large porch (lakeside) which has a wrought iron table, adjustable sun umbrella and seating for six. There is a large barbecue grill on this porch which is linked to a commercial size propane tank.
- One of the bedrooms (lakeside) has a personal balcony which comfortably seats two adults.
- A beautiful stone fireplace with a fireplace insert in located in the family room/den area of the home.
- The newly renovated kitchen has all new appliances, a black granite dining table and black granite countertops. The dishwater and microwave provide quick food prep and clean up options so that you can enjoy your entertaining, beach time and relaxing on the porch. The refrigerator has an ice making machine to keep your drinks cold✨
- The four bedrooms are themed rooms and are decorated to match their themes. The names are: Eagle’s Hideaway, Loon Landing, Owl’s Nest and Little Bear’s room.
- We chose not to install air conditioning as the home receives wonderful breezes from the lake during the summer months. There are large paddle pans in each of the four bedrooms and also in the kitchen and dining area of the home.
- We offer a large wine refrigerator for our wine enthusiasts.
- Linens (towels, bed coverings, pillow cases, blankets and comforters) are included in the rental fee
- High end dish-ware, glass ware, silver ware and cooking supplies are provided to our guests
- A Keurig machine as well as a standard coffee pot is provided for your use
- We have several kayaks, three paddleboats as well as rowboats and canoes. Life preservers, paddles and oars are provided to our guests. (Human and canine life preservers are available in all sizes)
- Outdoor Amish hickory rockers and beach chairs are available to our guests
- We offer a fire pit in the beach as well as chimnea and small (contained) vessels for having small campfires
- kindling/beach wood is available for our guests
Thompson’s Lake- a gem in the Helderberg Mountain Range
Thompson’s Lake is a small mountain lake which is 2.5 miles long by .9 mile wide. The average/mean depth in the center of the lake is 41 feet. The deepest area of the lake is 60 feet. Thompson’s Lake is also home to Thompson’s Lake Campground which is managed by the New York State Parks and Recreation Department. https://parks.ny.gov/parks/99/details.aspx
✨Thompson’s Lake is a very popular fishing (summer and also winter) as it is stocked with a variety of fish by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. There is a New York State fishing access ramp on the lake that allows for fishing boats and recreational boats to use the lake. Many local residents enjoy fishing, swimming and boating on the lake during the summer months. During the winter, ice fishing is a popular sport. https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/83814.html
✨🦅Attractions and areas of interest near Eagle’s Landing🦅✨
✨💙Thacher State Park- campground ✨- https://parks.ny.gov/parks/99/details.aspx. The park which is affiliated with the Néw York State Parks and Recreation Service is two miles away from Eagle’s Landing. Thacher Park has 14 hiking trails, waterfalls, scenic views from the Overlook area and areas to grill and have a cookout.
✨💙Thacher Park- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boyd_Thacher_State_Park
✨✨💙Emma Treadwell nature center – https://parks.ny.gov/environment/nature-centers/8/details.aspx